|home||virtual field trips||regional geology||images||e-learning||links|
These links and readings are provided to support the Sedimentology module at the University of Derby, and are in addition to the classes, and the course and practical notes available from the University of Derby web site. It is not necessarily given in exactly the same order as in the course.
Textbook references are to:
TUCKER, M.E. 2001. Sedimentary Petrology: an introduction to the origin of sedimentary rocks. 3rd edition. Blackwell Scientific Publications.
JAMES, N.P. & DALRYMPLE, R.W. 2010. Facies Models 4. Geological Association of Canada. (or equivalent chapters in earlier editions by Walker and James)
- Tucker, chapter 5
- James & Dalrymple, chapters 14, 19
Online lectures, tutorials & reading
Virtual field trips
- Salar 2
- Salar 3
- Visible Earth - Dasht-e Kevir (Great Salt Desert, Iran)
- Death Valley geology gallery - salt flats
- Death Valley geology gallery - Devilís Golf Course
- halite crystals growing: read the text, then watch the Quicktime movie (large file!)
This page is maintained by Roger Suthren. Last updated 23 April, 2015 23:16