|home||virtual field trips||regional geology||images||e-learning||links|
These links and readings are provided to support the Sedimentology module at the University of Derby, and are in addition to the classes, and the course and practical notes available from the University of Derby web site. It is not necessarily given in exactly the same order as in the course.
Textbook references are to:
TUCKER, M.E. 2001. Sedimentary Petrology: an introduction to the origin of sedimentary rocks. 3rd edition. Blackwell Scientific Publications.
- Tucker, chapter 4, sections 4.3, 4.4, 4.5
Online lectures, tutorials & reading
- S15. Limestone - Fossiliferous
- S11. Limestone - Bioclast-rich pelmicrite / packstone
- S14. Limestone - Oopelsparite / wackestone
- S16. Limestone - Ooidal grainstone [note: caption is wrong]
- DC-37 Intrabiosparite
- DC-34 intra-oo-bio-micrite
- Limestone - Sussex 'Marble' 2
- Limestone - Alwalton 'Marble'
- Limestone - Cotham 'Marble'
- Purbeck 'Marble'
- Limestone - Purbeck 'Marble' 2
- Carboniferous limestone with corals
- Carboniferous limestone with crinoids
- Portland Stone
- Leeds 16 - Oolitic limestone
- Oolitic limestone - Weldon
- Crinoidal limestone - Derbyshire
- Oyster echinoid biosparite, Blisworth
- Oolith sand
- Leeds 11 - Fossiliferous Limestone
- SCHOLLE, P.A. 1982 Carbonate Petrography video. American Association of Petroleum Geologists. Library: R552.5 SCH
Quizzes and tests
- carbonate organism images quiz (under reconstruction)
This page is maintained by Roger Suthren. Last updated 16 March, 2021 17:28