|home||virtual field trips||regional geology||images||e-learning||links|
These links and readings are provided to support the Sedimentology module at the University of Derby, and are in addition to the classes, and the course and practical notes available from the University of Derby web site. It is not necessarily given in exactly the same order as in the course.
Textbook references are to:
TUCKER, M.E. 2001. Sedimentary Petrology: an introduction to the origin of sedimentary rocks. 3rd edition. Blackwell Scientific Publications.
Diagenesis of carbonate sediments and rocks
- Tucker, chapter 4, sections 4.7, 4.8, 4.9; chapter 9, section 9.4
Online lectures, tutorials & reading
- Introduction to Carbonates - work through this well-illustrated, animated online course from Diagenesis to Karst
- Lecture notes on Diagenesis of Carbonate Sediments
- Carbonate diagenesis and porosity (SEPM)
- Carbonate diagenesis (AAPG)
- Carbonate petrography atlas and exercises
- Endolithic Cyanobacteria and Microbial Bioerosion
- Oilfield Glossary Term 'porosity'
- Oilfield Glossary Term 'permeability'
- Oilfield Glossary Term 'dolomite'
- Petrology of Carbonate Hardgrounds
- Cathodoluminescence petrography of carbonate rocks
Quizzes and tests
- carbonates interactive image quizzes (if quiz does not load properly at first attempt, click the Reload/Refresh button in your browser)
This page is maintained by Roger Suthren. Last updated 13 March, 2017 22:06