|home||virtual field trips||regional geology||images||e-learning||links|
These links and readings are provided to support the Sedimentology module at the University of Derby, and are in addition to the classes, and the course and practical notes available from the University of Derby web site. Topics are not necessarily given in exactly the same order as in the course.
Textbook references are to:
TUCKER, M.E. 2001. Sedimentary Petrology: an introduction to the origin of sedimentary rocks. 3rd edition. Blackwell Scientific Publications.
Sediment transport and sedimentary structures
- Tucker, chapter 2, section 2.4
Online lectures, tutorials & reading
- Paleocurrents and paleocurrent indicator analysis (pdf lecture slides from University of Montana)
- Examples of use of palaeocurrent data
- bipolar palaeocurrent plots
- palaeocurrent plots from Himalayan fluvial deposits
- using palaeocurrents to identify shoreline position (from article by J van Eden)
This page is maintained by Roger Suthren. Last updated 28 February, 2017 22:56